Re: PR for API to do simulcast with RID according to Plan X

1.  I think encodingId and RID are exactly the same.  It's just a question
of the name is.  I think it would make sense for both WebRTC 1.0 and ORTC
to have the field name be "rid", just like we have "payloadType" and "SSRC"
for IETF names.  But I'm don't feel strongly about it, so I'd also be happy
with "encodingId".

2.  Lots of people wanted "down" in the name to make it clear this is an
inverse.  I agree ORTC and WebRTC 1.0 ought to be consistent, but we have
to at least fit "down" in there somewhere, which probably means changing
ORTC.

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com