Form of the vote (Re: VOTE - Constraints Registry)

Den 08. okt. 2015 19:24, skrev Cullen Jennings:

>> On Oct 8, 2015, at 1:48 AM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no
>> <mailto:harald@alvestrand.no>> wrote:
>>

>> This is a PR that could be a basis for work after a "YES / NO"
>> decision - where we have to work on some other registry.
>
> At the meeting, the chairs said and people agreed that we construct a PR
> to remove the current IANA registry. We would take a yes / no vote on
> doing just that. If that happened, then we would start discussions on
> what would replace it.
>
> The chairs did not do that. Instead you published a proposal of how you
> would like to resolve this if we move away from IANA and took a up down
> vote on that.
>
> Personally, I do not think that is acceptable.

At the meeting, it became obvious that not only whether to host the
registry at IANA was controversial, it was controversial whether or not
to have a registry at all.

The ballot that the chairs created was designed to answer both questions.

The vote text was out for review for one week before it was sent out for
ballot.
There was one comment, which did not object to asking both questions.
The ballot was changed based on the comment.

We'll complete the ballot as planned.

Harald