Re: WebRTC Data Channel in Workers Proposal

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 13:23:15 -0700
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 26 May 2015 at 12:53, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> If we expose an interface to Workers with [Expose=Window, Worker], does
> that mean that all interfaces that it uses will also have to be exposed
> to workers, or are they hidden somehow?

My understanding is that yes, those things would need to be exposed,
but if they were not, it might just render anything that depends on
them ineffectual.  I don't think that would be a good idea.

We could selectively expose parts of the API, by annotating those
parts that we didn't want to expose in workers.  That is, we could
take addTrack and any related operations or attributes and mark them
with [Exposed=Window] if we wanted to only provide data channel
capabilities.