What is mandatory in RTCSessionDescription

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 12:57:35 -0700
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
[Constructor (optional RTCSessionDescriptionInit descriptionInitDict)]
interface RTCSessionDescription {
                attribute RTCSdpType? type;
                attribute DOMString?  sdp;
    serializer = {attribute};
};

Why is type nullable here?  Because the constructor argument is optional.

Why is the constructor argument optional?

I'd have thought that we'd want to mark RTCSessionDescriptionInit.type
as required, and remove this optionality here. Am I missing something?