Re: Naming conventions (Re: PR for adding RtpSender.transport)

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 8:12 AM, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com> wrote:
> I like your rule, which I read as "we use CamelCase, except for that RTC
> thing at the beginning that we're stuck with".

As in other specs, having RTC capitalised at the beginning is somewhat
of a namespacing approach - "it's part of the RTC stuff". I actually
think that makes it quite readable.

> I'm in favor of changing DTMFSender to be DtmfSender.  I don't think there
> are any backwards compatibility issues with changing the type name (it's
> just a search and replace in the spec and code base).  While we're at it,
> can we change the event objects with "RTCDTMF" to "RtcDtmf" as well?  Might
> as well be consistent.

Wouldn't it be RTCDtmf according to the rule above?

> The only change that would have some compatibility implications would be the
> insertDTMF method.  As much as I would like that to be insertDtmf, I'm
> willing to live with it being insertDTMF.

Why is a name change here so much harder? (Not that I'm worried - I'm
fine to keep it.)

Cheers,
Silvia.