Re: API points for ICE/DTLS warmup

From: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 06:54:04 +0000
To: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
On Jul 24, 2015, at 04:21, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com<mailto:pthatcher@google.com>> wrote:
I think:

B > A, because an RtpSender without a track seems cleaner than a dummy track. But I could live with A.

D > C, because we don't have to add anything.  I think we shouldn't add RtpReceiver.active.

F > E, because we don't have to add anything.  I think that even if we add RtpReceiver.active, it should not cause an SDP renegotiation, just like RtpSender.setParameters doesn't.

Commence discussion :).

[BA] Not much to discuss. I also agree on all counts.

BTW, the idea of an RtpReceiver without a track but with a "kind" (e.g. Before calling RtpReceiver.receive()) has also occurred to me, because it could be hooked up to an audio or video tag.