Re: I have created a PR for RtpEncodingParameters.maxBitrate

On 07/18/2015 12:19 AM, Peter Thatcher wrote:
> Here's the PR:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/pull/254
>
> Here's the diff:
>
> +
> +          <dt>unsigned long maxBitrate</dt>
> +          <dd>
> +            <p>
> +              Indicates the maximum bitrate that can used to send this
> +              encoding.
> +            </p>
> +          </dd>
>

> Question for the WG:  do we have consensus to add this?   I'm in favor
> of it :).
Thanks!

Looking through the current spec, there doesn't seem to be any other
bitrate limits specified, but we've chatted in the past about having
overall bitrate controls (at one point we had bitrate as a constraint on
createOffer, I think).

Are there other places that need bitrate controls, and if so, how should
they interact?

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.