No way to stop sending media but still displaying it locally

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 23:35:23 +0100
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Use case:

1) My local stream (mic&webcam) is being displayed on a <video> element.
2) And it is also being sent to the peer via WebRTC.
3) I want to "pause" my stream in the wire, but still view it in the
<video> element.

The only way to achieve bullet 2 (without stopping the PeerConnection
or removing the local stream form it) is by setting "enabled=false" in
each track of the local stream. But it also stops the local <video>
rendering (so it does not satisfy bullet 3).

So I miss something? I couldn't find any solution in the spec(s).

P.S. Would stream.clone() work in this case?

Iñaki Baz Castillo