Re: RTCStatsType value for datachannel stata

On 01/15/2015 10:06 PM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
> On 1/15/15 1:54 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:
>>> On Jan 5, 2015, at 2:40 PM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The current RTCStatsType is defined like this:
>>>
>>> enum RTCStatsType {
>>>      "inboundrtp",
>>>      "outboundrtp",
>>>      "session",
>>>      "track",
>>>      "transport",
>>>      "candidatepair",
>>>      "localcandidate",
>>>      "remotecandidate"
>>> };
>>>
>>> There are no values for the datachannel stats.
>>>
>>> To make this symmetric with RTP, I suggest we add "inbounddata" and
>>> "outbounddata".
>>>
>>> --
>>>   Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.
>>>
>> On a related topic to this, I think we should change this from an
>> enum to a string because of the issues where we can't extent an enum
>> in webIDL
>
> I believe we're only in trouble if we take RTCStatsType as input
> somewhere, I don't think we do.
>
> .: Jan-Ivar :.

There's also an issue with the fact that enums don't support partial,
the way interfaces do, so according to WebIDL formality, we're stuck
with having to define them once.

We may be better off with strings here; in Javascript, they're strings
anyway, so might as well admit it in the WebIDL API too.