Re: Can getUserMedia() get called on a callback/event ?

On 9 January 2015 at 08:19, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net> wrote:
> So my question again: is this how gUM is supposed to work? or a
> fanciful design in Chrome browser?

This is a general web interaction design principle.  If the call to a
dialog-, consent- or popup-inducing function is not as a result of a
user action (I think that Dom had a good reference for this in one of
the documents), then it doesn't fire.  This prevents pages from
generating these things.

I wasn't aware that Chrome was linking consent dialogs to that, but I
think that it makes some sense.  I've been thinking that Firefox needs
to do the same.  If this is causing you pain though, what specific use
case is causing the problem?

(And please don't describe behaviour as "hateful" until you understand
why it is that way.)