Re: RTCStatsType value for datachannel stata

From: Singh Varun <varun.singh@aalto.fi>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 23:14:54 +0000
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Hi Harald,

Response inline.

> On 05 Jan 2015, at 23:40, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
>
> The current RTCStatsType is defined like this:
>
> enum RTCStatsType {
>     "inboundrtp",
>     "outboundrtp",
>     "session",
>     "track",
>     "transport",
>     "candidatepair",
>     "localcandidate",
>     "remotecandidate"
> };
>
> There are no values for the datachannel stats.
>
> To make this symmetric with RTP, I suggest we add "inbounddata" and "outbounddata".

I presume that the stats currently in RTCDataChannelStats will then be split to inbound and outbound?

dictionary RTCDataChannelStats : RTCStats {
    DOMString           label;
    DOMString           protocol;
    long                datachannelid;
    RTCDataChannelState state;
};

dictionary ourbounddata: RTCDataChannelStats {
    unsigned long       messagesSent;
    unsigned long long  bytesSent;
}

dictionary inbounddata: RTCDataChannelStats {
    unsigned long       messagesReceived;
    unsigned long long  bytesReceived;
}

—