Re: [rtcweb] ICE exposes 'real' local IP to javascript

* Harald Alvestrand wrote:
>On 02/03/2015 06:15 PM, Roman Shpount wrote:
>> The thing I was wondering about was, should there be a confirmation
>> dialog when browser tries to setup any type of peer-to-peer
>> connection? We get a confirmation dialog when microphone or camera
>> access is requested. I think setting up a peer-to-peer connection is
>> something that should be controlled by the user on the per web site
>> basis in the similar manner.
>
>We have discussed this before, and concluded that a confirmation dialog
>makes no more sense than having a confirmation dialog for performing an
>XHR request or opening a Websocket - neither of which requires
>confirmation dialogs today.

Neither of those disclose information not otherwise available to random
web sites, so that is not a valid comparison.
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
 Available for hire in Berlin (early 2015)  · http://www.websitedev.de/