RE: Issue 391: Remove DTMF tones A-D

From: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 21:03:29 +0000
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>, Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>
Cullen said:

"100% agree that the IETF and W3C specs need to align on this and we should change the ietf audio draft if we are including A-D."

[BA] Actually, the IETF audio draft doesn't say anything about support for A-D, so presumably it is optional.  If the desire is to have A-D be unrecognized by the W3C WEBRTC API, something stronger (such as a SHOULD NOT support A-D) would be needed.  However, there are already implementations that support A-D, so not clear that makes sense either.