Re: RTCPeerConnection permissions

On 12/01/2015 12:41 AM, Matt Cobb wrote:

> Is there a way to require user consent for the RTCPeerConnections
> method?  I'm looking for something similar to the question users are
> asked when media is acquired - "This application is requesting your
> private local IP address to establish peer communications: allow?"

No.

An approach to more fine-grained control of IP address visibility is
outlined here:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shieh-rtcweb-ip-handling-00

For Chrome, there's an extension already out (the "address limiter"),
which is being developed to give the finer grained control mentioned in
the draft.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.