RE: Simulcast V1

From: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 23:11:41 +0000
To: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>
Justin said:

“I think that a do-what-I-say API that requires no SDP changes is much more likely to happen than an approach that requires changes to how createOffer/setLocal/setRemote are specified and implemented.”

[BA] +1

Part of the reason why it would be more likely to happen is that it would be more likely to support the simulcast multiplexing schemes that are actually deployed.  For example, there are deployed SFUs today that can support hundreds of participants in a single conference using WebRTC endpoints – something that is not possible with payload type multiplexing.