Re: Simulcast V1

On 8/14/15 15:51, Justin Uberti wrote:
> This feels somewhat ad-hoc, in that it acts like a DWIM API

To be clear, it's a "do what the MCU clearly and explicitly says" API.
All we're doing is opening up enough room for him to say what he wants to.

In fact, it's 100% congruent with the way we handle "offerToReceiveVideo"

> I would rather see an approach that was consistent with
> RtpEncodingParameters - i.e. instead of maxSimulcastCount, perhaps an
> array of RtpEncodingParameters with just their max bitrate specified.

Is that something you think is realistic to do in the 1.0 timeframe?

--
Adam Roach
Principal Platform Engineer