Proposal: offerDataChannel in RTCOfferOptions

From: Benjamin Schwartz <bemasc@google.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:01:04 -0400
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Currently, RTCPeerConnection has "offerToReceiveVideo" in the
RTCOfferOptions, which is a convenience to allow creating an offer with a
m-line for video without first having to attach a video MediaStreamTrack.
This is useful; without it, pages would have to attach a track and then
renegotiate, even if they only want to receive video.

However, with data channels, we don't have this convenience.  The offerer
must call createDataChannel before createOffer, or suffer a renegotiation,
even if they have no immediate need for a data channel.

So what do you think of adding a boolean "offerDataChannel" attribute to
RTCOfferOptions, parallel to "offerToReceive*"?  I think that would be
easier to use.

--Ben