Re: ReplaceTrack and track.id (Re: ReplaceTrack - need to evaluate alternatives)

The two arguments (that I know of) against using mid by itself:
1) addTrack followed by removeTrack followed by addTrack will result in the
same mid for the second track, due to the quirks of SDP. This means that
sometimes addTrack gives you a new mid, sometimes it won't. This is
unfortunate, although if we wanted to go down this path, we could prohibit
recycling m= sections without a corresponding mid change. IOW, you could
only recycle rejected m= sections, and so the example here would result in
two m= lines.
2) without a=msid, there is no way to detect a recyclable m= line
(currently we can look for a=msid to determine this).

Specifically, if you have a remote description without a=msid in a m=
section, and you stop your local track for that m= section, you don't know
whether to set port 0 (i.e. dead m= section) or not in subsequent offers,
because you can't tell if the remote side is still using that m= section.