Re: Can getUserMedia() get called on a callback/event ?

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 13:17:38 +0200
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Cc: "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <fluffy@cisco.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
> As I understand "engagement gestures", a popup would be blocked.  But
> it's only the "popup" (i.e., the gUM prompt) that would be blocked in
> this example.  With a persistent permission, that prompt doesn't get
> triggered, so the site should be able to get media immediately.

Really, still I don't understand how the apprtc demo of Google works
given that it automatically prompts the user for getUserMedia without
the need for the user to click in any button. Where is the trick? Does
it work if the JS lib calls gUM even before the DOM is load? but it
would fail if it waits for DOM "load" event, right? This is a no sense
IMHO.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>