Re: Mucking with SDP

From: Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 16:16:58 -0400
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
wrote:

> From Byron's comment it seems that there are cases where IPv6 will be
> produced by conforming implementations.
>
> What's the situation under which IPv6 in the c= line will cause problems?

This can cause problems when communicating with IPv4 only end points which
do support ICE and DTLS-SRTP. In such cases you would want to change the
"c=" line to have IPv4 address and remove all the IPv6 candidates. I
believe Firefox is (or at least was the last time we tested it) one of the
end points that had issues with IPv6 c= line and candidates.

I think a more generic requirement would be a constraint that tells the
browser to collect only IPv4 candidates similar to googIPv6 in Chrome.
Roman Shpount