Re: Mucking with SDP

From: Byron Campen <docfaraday@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 09:42:22 -0700
To: Roman Shpount <roman@telurix.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 4/7/15 9:14 AM, Roman Shpount wrote:
> I just wanted to mention two SDP manipulations that probably fall
> under bug mitigation category:
>
> 1. Changing 0.0.0.0 address in the "c=" line produced by Firefox to
> real address to avoid interop issues
> 2. Changing IPv6 address in the "c=" line produced by Chrome to IPv4
> candidate address to avoid interop issues
>
> I assume both will become unnecessary in the future browser versions.

     The current jsep spec requires the c-line to have "IN IP6 ::" in it
until candidates are gathered, and once candidates are gathered it is
set to a real address. Are you dealing with an implementation that
supports trickle ICE, but is picky about the contents of the c-line?

     Firefox uses '0.0.0.0' because it is slightly more interoperable
than '::', but probably won't do so indefinitely.

Best regards,
Byron Campen