Re: Proposal and discussion for RtpSender.getCapabilities

From: Singh Varun <varun.singh@aalto.fi>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:19:12 +0000
To: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
Hi Peter

On 03 Nov 2014, at 22:59, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com<mailto:pthatcher@google.com>> wrote:

At TPAC (2014), we reached consensus that we want some form or RtpSender.getCapabilities.  But we wanted to make sure we have the right "minimal starting set".    Additionally, there was an idea of having audio- and video-specific types for audio and video codecs.

dictionary RTCRtpHdrExtCapability {
    DOMString kind;
    DOMString uri;
};

URIs are based on http://www.iana.org/assignments/rtp-parameters/rtp-parameters.xml and may apply to particular stream or to all the media streams?
What does the “kind" correspond to in the case of hdr extensions? Is it supposed to point to the codec.kind?