Re: How to set the video quality sent to a peer

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 13:31:02 -0700
To: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 18 March 2014 12:22, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [BA] This might be possible if there was a way to constrain the aspect ratio of the sent video,
> but if resolution is "reduced" in a way that changes the aspect ratio, then the user experience
> will be less than optimal.

I more or less assumed the change in aspect ratio in the question was
in error rather than intentional.  If there is an intent to change
aspect ratio, that wasn't really expressed.

Certainly, having aspect ratio changed for you is going to cause more
degradation than would be ideal.  I hoped that implementations just
wouldn't, but if you think it necessary, I'd be OK with saying MUST
NOT somewhere.