Re: Panic between createOffer() and setLocalDescription()

From: <piranna@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 08:47:36 +0100
To: Kiran Kumar <g.kiranreddy4u@gmail.com>
Cc: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, public-webrtc <public-webrtc@w3.org>
> Setting sdpMangling to false (which is case for majority of
scenarios/apps) will speedup the process, because browser can start
processing the sdp without waiting for setLocalDescription.

I agree with you in that's the way to go, but there's another issue:
trickle ICE. Without the hability to disable it, the offer description on
createOffer/createAnswer is fairly useless by don't having candidates. And
yes, needing to wait for externally dispatched candidate events is
counter-intuitive, after all this time dealing with WebRTC I still forget
them when creating new code code from scratch. Trickle ICE should be an
advanced functionality behind a flag (the same as your proposed sdpMangling
flag) instead of a by default feature if we really want WebRTC to be easy
to use by newcomers. I think this will greatly help to increase WebRTC
adoption that releasing a 1.0 spec soon, and it's a thing that will not
delay it beyond than one release more.