Re: Proposal: Fire a toneDiscarded event while discarding the invalid DTMF values.

On 13 Jun 2014, at 14:14, Makaraju, Maridi Raju (Raju) <Raju.Makaraju@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

>> It may be good to add support for "p", "w" in webrtc, so that it will be compatible with >RFC 3601
>>       pause = "p"
>>       tonewait = "w"
> [Raju] We should leave out the "w" as it is implementation dependent (what "tone"?) and un-necessarily complicates webrtc with very little gain. As I mentioned earlier use of comma for 'p' is almost universal now.

Why not use a javascript interval ? http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/met_win_setinterval.asp

This continuous, needless adding of special case telephony centric APIs is exactly what is holding webRTC back.
Web developers now think that it is only for implementing clones of a telephone, so it isn’t for them.

T.