Re: New Version Notification for draft-guduru-rtcweb-codec-preferences-01.txt

This seems like a pretty big hammer to solve a fairly small problem. This
proposal adds 6 new API points for the purpose of changing the order of
codecs in createOffer, which seems like a high cost-benefit ratio. And
while the use cases listed here are helpful, they seem somewhat contrived
to me, since it seems unlikely that the application can make better choices
about bandwidth or power consumption than the browser.

Without a specific, concrete example, I remain unconvinced that this is
worth doing in the 1.0 timeframe. Post-1.0, we can probably find a way to
provide this sort of lower-level control.