Couple more DTMF interface related questions

Should the interface return the values for inter tone gap and tone duration
set by insertDTMF method or should it return the actual values used to
transmit the tones due to rounding to the packet boundary? I would think
interface should store the insertDTMF values and expanding tones to packet
boundaries when actually generating tones (i.e. starting and ending tones
and gaps on packet boundaries).

Does changing the inter tone gap and tone duration affect the tones already
queued by the interface or would only affect new DTMF tones? The way the
algorithm is described right now it would affect the already queued digits
which, I think, would be somewhat unexpected. It would be better to specify
that tone and gap duration are queued with each digit.
Roman Shpount