Re: Cross origin screensharing

On 01/22/2014 08:53 PM, Roman Shpount wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 4:53 AM, Harald Alvestrand
> <harald@alvestrand.no <mailto:harald@alvestrand.no>> wrote:
>
>     I don't see it as unreasonable to have a corporation decide
>     whether screencasting is allowed or not.
>
> Why screencasting is different in this regard from voice and video
> communications? Are you arguing that all webrtc be under the extension
> umbrella and only allowed per enterprise policy? According to this
> logic this will not be unreasonable either.

I don't argue that.

People might be able to argue in favour of that (voice and video is
*somewhat* dangerous), but the discussion at the start of the thread was
that screencasting is *somewhat more* dangerous.

Anyway, the point you started off with was

"As I have mentioned before, based on the attack vectors related to
extensions, I expect extension installation to be disabled in enterprise
environment. This will render screen sharing in its current form unusable."

My point was that I don't think that this argument is valid, because its
premise (that extension installation will be disabled) is not true.