От:  Tsahi Levent-Levi <tsahi.leventlevi@gmail.com>
Дата:  Thursday 16 January 2014 20:53
Кому:  Sam Dutton <dutton@google.com>
Копия:  Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, public-webrtc <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Тема:  Re: What is missing for building "real" services?
Переслано адресатом:  <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Дата пересылки:  Thu, 16 Jan 2014 16:53:32 +0000

Sam,

I understand that we can change websites to fit WebRTC, but think of the
business model and value chain:
I am a company called ClickToCallUsingWebRTC.com.
What I offer is a widget to place on websites, and my focus is ecommerce
sites.
I focus on large ones - Travelocity.co, Shoes.com, Shopping.com - you get
the drift.
To get my sh*t together, I provide a single java script line that my
customers need to embed in their websites, and magically, they get that
capability.
I need this kind of a thing so that the marketing guy can just add it in and
be done with it with minimal interaction with his IT department (those
notorious guys that kill every good initative).
What you suggest is for me as ClickToCallUsingWebRTC.com to suggest to my
customer (the marketing guy) to go to IT and start a whole transformation
and redesign project for the website to this new tech called
single-page-applications so he can use my widget.

Now... what adoption rate will you see for WebRTC in such a case versus
enabling it to work nicely on web sites as opposed to web pages?

Just a thought.

Tsahi