Re: Panic between createOffer() and setLocalDescription()

From: <piranna@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:43:24 +0100
To: Thomas Bruun <thomas@appear.in>
Cc: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, public-webrtc <public-webrtc@w3.org>
> Keep in mind that setLocalDescription() today doesn't just set a
> variable on the RTCPeerConnection object. For example, it starts ICE
> gathering. What you suggest assumes that the developer wishes to start
> this process when calling createOffer().

I agree, in the most of the situations this is what the developer wants.

> We have identified scenarios where we would want to do something with
> the sdp (either edit or inspect it), before we decide if we want to
> call setLocalDescription(). If setLocalDescription() is called
> implicitly, we need our code to hold of on relaying the offer and ICE
> candidates to the remote client in those scenarios.

I'm not a telco expert, but what you say makes sense. On the other
hand, I find it a specific special case, that can be solved with a
"negotiated" flag as DataChannels does have: for the most common cases
you can ignore it.

Unix."
- Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux