RE: Panic between createOffer() and setLocalDescription()

I don't think so, in fact I believe it fixes it: you are creating an offer
description that wants to send to the other peer. Why you would need to set
it again on the same object? The only valid use case I see here it's if you
need to cusyomize it... I believe this way it helps to improve the
principle of least surprise, specially for WebRTC new comers.

Send from my Samsung Galaxy Note II