Re: Panic between createOffer() and setLocalDescription()

On 19 Feb 2014 05:20, "Stefan Håkansson LK" <
stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:

> On 2014-02-18 01:12, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> > I've also found all sorts of weird things happening when mangling SDP.
>
> I think Martin Thomson has proposed that we for the very first version
> should state that no modification between createOffer/Answer and
> setLocal is be supported (i.e. you are on your own if you do). Maybe
> that is not such a bad idea.
>
> > I think we need to pull all the use cases and turn them into actual
> > browser APIs. Such as: setting bandwidth limits, muting/unmuting/hold,
> > codec change. Once we've done all those, we can cordon off SDP. Right
> > now, though, that would inhibit a lot of useful things from being
> > possible.
>
> I agree, and we also had a discussion on what things that we initially
> need API for. The conclusion of that discussion is captured at
> https://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/wiki/Transport_Control

Thanks for digging this out.

We should continue to update this list with use cases as they appear.
There's one for controlling FEC activation on another thread right now.

Cheers,
Silvia.

> Stefan
>

> > Silvia.
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 8:12 AM, piranna@gmail.com <piranna@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> I totally agree, setLocalDescription() purpose seems extrange to me
(don't
> >> you know who you are?!?!), and I also think that SDP, if used, should
be
> >> considered a closed, cryptic and inmutable blob, not allowing
modifications
> >> (I don't find SDP bad for itself except for being too verbose, but I
find
> >> bad the fact thay you need to manipulate it).
> >>
> >> Send from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

and

Then I

The