Re: Update of Doohickey/AddTrack proposal

On 2014-02-11 00:26, Justin Uberti wrote:
> I tend to agree with Harald. There may be other options in the future,
> but for now, I think a track needs to signal what stream(s) it is a part
> of, so that the simple send-audio-and-video-as-synchronized case works.

I think that signaling could lead to something that is quite messy (as
Adam pointed out), and the simple send-audio-and-video-as-synchronized
case could work anyway. Assuming one audio and one video track belonging
to the same MediaStream on the sending side: the app at the receiving
end could just construct a MediaStream and add the incoming tracks to it.

> Regardless, I'd like to advance this proposal so that we can start
> nailing down any necessary details on the RTCRtpSender/Receiver objects
> (AKA doohickeys).

Agree fully to this.