Re: mediaconstraints in addStream signature

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 10:52:06 +0000
To: Alexandre GOUAILLARD <agouaillard@gmail.com>, "<public-webrtc@w3.org>" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 29/07/14 15:02, Alexandre GOUAILLARD wrote:
> disappeared between the last published specs and the current editor
> draft.
>
> last published
> http://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc/#widl-RTCPeerConnection-addStream-void-MediaStream-stream-MediaConstraints-constraints
>
>  editor draft
> http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html#widl-RTCPeerConnection-addStream-void-MediaStream-stream
>
>  I missed this change, and i cannot find any trace of the
> corresponding discussion.

As I remember it this is the result of long discussions concluding that
a) constraints is not what we're looking for here, it is more of
settings and b) the control surface should be the RTCRtpSender (I'm not
sure I got that right - I mean the sender doohickey:) )

> Can anybody refresh my memory, and tell me what which version one
> should support today?
>
> regards,
>
> alex.
>

> -- Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA

CTO - Temasys Communications, S'pore / Mountain View

sg.linkedin.com/agouaillard <http://sg.linkedin.com/agouaillard>