No way to specify remote constraints?

From: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 18:19:41 -0500
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Hi,

getUserMedia() allows us to set mandatory constraints for
locally-captured video, but what about remote videos? I opened two
endpoints with mandatory constraints of 1080p and indeed the local video
rendered at 1080p, but when it reached the remote end it came in as
720p. I understand that this is likely happening due to limited
resources, but it brings up an interesting question: shouldn't we have
constraints for remote streams as well?

Say the remote video stream is captured at 1080p but I only need it to
send 320x240 (the user is not speaking) shouldn't I be able to
communicate this to the remote end?

Thanks,
Gili