Re: Screen sharing and application control

From: Steve Kann <stevek@stevek.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:51:40 -0500
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>

> [1] Speaking of control, I hope that we never, ever, ever provide a
> site with the ability to control keyboard or mouse input.

But isnıt this an incredibly valuable and powerful thing to do?   Usecases
abound, from ³help me with my computer program², to ³letıs edit this
document together², to ³I need technical support for my computer².

Clearly, this can be problematic.   But these are legitimate use cases,
which browsers will (and already do) provide for, though plugins and other
means.   Surely one can devise a UX which is at least as secure, if only
because the scope of privilege (allow this site to inject keyboard/mouse
events) will be smaller than what one typically grants to plugins (allow
this plugin to do anything at all).

-SteveK