Re: Why does screen sharing require a browser extension?

From: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:36:57 -0500
To: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>
CC: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 26/11/2013 11:50 AM, Justin Uberti wrote:
> I think you are attacking a strawman. If you re-read my point above, I
> am suggesting the use of both an app install mechanism AND consent
> grant by the user for every sharing request.

Okay, good. So the next question is: what is different between the
install-time consent box and the one that pops up for each sharing request?

I don't see the justification for that extra install-time consent box
up-front, so long as we provide Chrome with a mechanism for banning
malicious apps. If your main intent is to provide this blacklisting
mechanism then I think we can make this work without extensions but if
your main intent is to add an extra install-time consent box then I need
to understand the reasoning first.

Thanks,
Gili