Re: Screen sharing and application control

On 25 November 2013 15:52, piranna@gmail.com <piranna@gmail.com> wrote:
> More exactly http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/streaming/screenshare/,
> but as I have just noticed, it's about tab-sharing, not desktop-sharing (in
> that time it was also incredible... and the security concerns are somewhat
> related).

The security problems are very different actually.  The tab sharing
capabilities are limited by the same-origin security model.  If a page
includes an image from another domain, all the other end can do is
include the same image.  The same goes for iframes.  Images are
probably OK, because they usually show the same things without the
site having to get access to content.

With an iframe, there's a good chance that each end is going to see
something different, or that content can diverge without the
tab-sharing application's awareness.

But it does go to the point that webrtc isn't necessary for this sort
of use case.  In fact, sending video is pretty wasteful.