Re: ACTION-88: Remove '?' characters from all dictionaries

From: Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:35:01 +0100
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
On 2013-11-21 18:47, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 21 November 2013 06:46, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com> wrote:
>> I suspect we have a bunch of unmotivated nullable dictionary members that
>> should be removed. For example, nullable members in EventInit dictionaries
>> where the corresponding attribute on the event is not nullable.
>>
>> But we also have numeric members like maxRetransmits where we want to
>> represent a value that is not set.
>
> Given that some language bindings can't distinguish between undefined
> and null effectively, I don't think that this is a valid concern.  Rip
> the lot of 'em.

I don't understand. Is your concern only with nullable dictionary
members? Looking at the example I gave in my previous mail:

var chann = pc.createDataChannel("foo", {}); // no maxRetransmits set

Do you think it's ok if chann.maxRetransmits (the attribute on the
DataChannel) is null if not initialized (by the dictionary).

/Adam