Re: In defense of AddStream

On 15 November 2013 15:42, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com> wrote:
> I agree this is the only argument in favor of MediaStreams. Making
> MediaStreams a lightweight grouping mechanism, as proposed, allows
> MediaStream to be useful for this one purpose, and not get in the way
> everywhere else.

If MediaStream were just a grouping construct, then I'd be arguing for
the feature to be jettisoned, but this synchronization thing that they
do is pretty useful.  Especially when you talk about multi-screen,
multi-camera setups where synchronization is required between
different renderings.  For single-audio, single-video, you could rely
on <video> as the point for synchronization grouping.