Re: Teleco Integrators vs Web Developers vs Browser Implementers

Roman,

     I empathize with your desire to simply throw together a better API
but you're unlikely to get it right without the requirements (everyone's
use-cases). We're not trying to throw out the telecom's requirements,
rather add our own use-cases alongside them.

     A quick answer regarding why the user is exposed to an opaque blob:
the specification makes a conscience decision to omit the bootstrap
process (aka signaling). WebRTC generates some blob and it is up to you
to somehow transfer it from one peer to another in order to establish
the connection. If the bootstrap process was handled by WebRTC then
obviously you wouldn't see this blob at all.

     Why does the specification omit the bootstrap process? I'm sure
there is a good reason for it, but until we see their list of use-cases
we won't know.

Gili