Re: Futures in WebRTC

By the way, just for reference, a nice implementation of futures in
Javascript can be found here:

https://github.com/kriskowal/q

However, one caveat that I found is that using this library slowed down my
Node.js server from about 4000 requests per second to about 150 requests
per second.

Not sure if supporting futures in C++ would necessarily incur such a
performance hit, but maybe it's something to consider.

I love the readability, error bubbling, consolidation of error handling,
and flow of control advantages the promises pattern gives, but the
performance hit was substantial in my Node.js experience.