Re: New editor's draft (v20130603)

On 6/3/2013 10:37 AM, Adam Bergkvist wrote:
> Hi
>
> A new version of the editor's draft is available.
>
> Dated version:
> http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/archives/20130603/webrtc.html
> Living document: http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html
>
> Changes include:
>     Added IceRestart constraint.
>     Big updates on DataChannel API to use new channel setup procedures.
>
> Please review and provide feedback.
>
> Adam (for the editors)

One issue:   In RTCDataChannelInit:

     boolean          negotiated  <http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html#widl-RTCDataChannelInit-negotiated>  =true;

The default should be false - it should be set to true on any
externally-negotiated channel.

We just landed code in FF to implement the rest of this (but with false
as the default) for Firefox 22 (the first release with RTCPeerConnection
enabled by default), with the old names as synonyms for the next release
or so (on Firefox 24 nightlies it will Warn in the Web Console if you
use the old names).  As of Firefox 24, we've begin to move
PeerConnection/etc from xpidl to webidl internally, which makes syncing
with the spec easier.

We have not yet implemented all of the RTCDataChannel properties; we did
implement 'id' with the old 'stream' as a temporary synonym, and ordered
(and a few others) were already supported.

Thanks for the update!  I'll check the rest of it more closely; sorry I
didn't get to it before it was published.

--
Randell Jesup
randell-ietf@jesup.org