Re: Has MediaStream the stop() method?

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 11:27:19 +0100
To: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
2013/12/31 Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>:
> I think the implementation is not in line with the latest spec. There
> used to be a LocalMediaStream (which is what you got from getUserMedia).
> The LocalMediaStream had a stop() method to allow the app to revoke the
> access to microphone and camera (which is got via the getUserMedia call).

Thanks for the clarification.

> But a lot of functionality has move from the MediaStream level down to
> the MediaStreamTrack level. There is now only one type of MediaStream
> (i.e. no LocalMediaStream) and it has no stop method. Instead the
> MediaStreamTrack has a stop method, and in the latest version of the
> draft it is specced in the way that the source (microphone, camera) is
> stopped when all MediaStreamTracks that use the source have been stopped.

Does I mean that I need to iterate over all the tracks within a
MediaStream and call stop() on all of them just to revoke cam and mic
permissions? What is wrong with a MediaStream.stop() method that calls
stop on every track?

> I can't spot the use of stop() in example 2 of
> http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/getusermedia.html.

True, it appears just in http://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-streams/.

Thanks a lot.

--