Re: When is the remote video resolution/size known?

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:40:32 +0100
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
2013/12/11 Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>:
> The only place I know of to get the size of the incoming video is on the
> <video> tag itself.
>
> The <video> tag seems to have no event handlers, but the HTML5
> MediaController seems to have a lot of them, including "volumechange" and
> "canplay".
>
> Perhaps one should ask for a "videochange" event?

I've found that the event "loadedmetadata" is fired when the video
element has information about its dimensions. Not sure how it works
with a video source from a WebRTC peer, nor if it would be fired again
when the remote video resolution/dimensions are changed. I must spent
some time on it.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>