Re: No way to specify remote constraints?

On 02/12/2013 6:01 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> On 3 Dec 2013 09:16, "Martin Thomson" <martin.thomson@gmail.com
> <mailto:martin.thomson@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > On 2 December 2013 13:58, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com
> <mailto:silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>> wrote:
> > > No, I think that causes a new round of SDP to be exchanged. So, you're
> > > fine with this.
> >
> > Only if your application slavishly does everything the browser tells
> it to.
>
> If you use .enabled in Chrome > 30 in my experience it renegotiates
> over SDP with the other end to mute audio on the sending side. That's
> just my app doing what the spec says and the browser supporting what
> the spec says IIUC.
>
> Silvia.

Hi Silvia,

Okay, but then the next question is: does WebRTC fire an event when the
stream is modified (in this case, getting muted)? I want to overlay an
image on top of the remote video when it gets muted. I need some way of
finding out when the muting occurs. This sounds vaguely related to the
"renegotiated" event but I don't think it gets fired.

Also, you muted audio. It remains to be seen whether this is implemented
for video as well (though I don't see a reason for them to implement one
without the other).

Thanks,
Gili