Re: [ACTION-43] (sdp related objects and global namespace) - way forward

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 11:28:23 +0200
To: Stefan Hakansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Cc: public-webrtc@w3.org
Le mardi 26 juin 2012 à 11:11 +0200, Stefan Hakansson LK a écrit :
> To me a dictionaries makes a lot of sense in an API to be used by the
> app. But having the browser deliver a "dictionary" to the app (as it
> would on e.g createOffer), what does that really mean? Could you help
> explaining a bit Dom?

It means that the SessionDescriptionCallback would be provided with an
object à la {sdp:"m=lotsofmumbo", type:"offer"}.

In terms of WebIDL, this would simply need that we change the interface
SessionDescription into a dictionary:
dictionary SessionDescription {
    SdpType   type;
    DOMString sdp;
};

(we would not need to include a stringifier, since one can use
JSON.stringify to that end)

Dom