Re: Keeping up data channel

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:21:26 -0700
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Cc: public-webrtc@w3.org
On 13 June 2012 00:07, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> How far down do you think we have to drive the setup time before you would
> not call it "abysmal"?

Responsiveness at call setup and responsiveness when disabling hold
probably have different user expectations.  With the number of round
trips required, I can imagine having to restart ICE and handshake
taking a fairly long time.  Especially with a longer end-to-end RTT.

Is your 2s statistic based on an intercontinental RTT?