Re: CSSRC / SSRC

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com> wrote:

> Given the discussion at IETF, it seems like it would be good for the API
> to support an JS App:
>
> 1) setting the list of CSRC to be set on RTP packets sent for a given track

Do you mean getting or setting? Getting seems more useful than setting.

> 2) setting the SSRC a track should use (and the app has to set it to a
> random number)

This seems like it can be done via SDP (a=ssrc attribute). I don't think we
need to enforce randomness, if the app wants to set everything to 1, that's
its problem.

> 3) reading the SSRC of an incoming track

Need to think about what this means for tracks that have multiple SSRCs
(i.e. from ssrc grouping)