Re: IceServer / IceServers

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:31:45 +0200
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
On 06/11/2012 12:23 PM, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> This is related to Anant's proposal but my summary of what I thought I heard was:
>
> IceServers becomes an array of IceServer objects.
>
> The IceServer object has an URI attribute and a nullable password attribute and we will figure out what realm is and where it goes.
I think I heard Anant or Dom suggesting that it should be an URI + an
Origin (an Origin has fields for a domain and an username/password). But
that's purely for syntax reuse; we've got to put something in there that
contains the info ICE needs in order to authenticate successfully both
for STUN (short-term credentials, if any) and TURN (long-term credentials).